Spring is a beautiful season, but for those who suffer from springtime dry eyes, it can be uncomfortable and even painful. Dry eyes occur when your tear ducts do not produce enough tears to lubricate your eyes. Blepharitis and dry eyes tend to go hand in hand; if you have blepharitis, you likely also experience dry eye symptoms. There are many different treatments available to help alleviate this issue, including the innovative BlephEx® treatment. BlephEx® is an eye care technology specifically designed to treat blepharitis, although it has also been used to address dry eye symptoms as well. Whether you have springtime dry eyes, blepharitis, or both, BlephEx® treatment from an advanced dry eye clinic can help relieve your symptoms.
How Does BlephEx® Work?
BlephEx® is a simple and effective procedure that can be performed in your eye doctor's office. The procedure is painless and only takes a few minutes to complete. During the procedure, your eye doctor will use a small handheld device that rotates a medical-grade micro-sponge along the edge of your eyelids. The sponge removes bacterial debris, biofilm, and other unwanted material that can cause dry eyes from the edges of your eyelids, allowing your tear ducts to produce more tears and lubricate your eyes.
The Benefits Of BlephEx®
- Non-Invasive: BlephEx® is a non-invasive procedure that does not require any incisions or anesthesia. This makes it a safe and painless option for those who suffer from dry eyes.
- Quick and Easy: The procedure only takes a few minutes to complete, making it a convenient option for those who have a busy schedule.
- Effective: BlephEx® has been shown to be an effective treatment for dry eyes. The procedure removes the bacteria and other unwanted material from your eyelids, allowing your tear ducts to produce more tears and lubricate your eyes.
- Long-Lasting Results: The results of BlephEx® can last for several months, depending on the severity of your dry eyes. Your eye doctor will recommend how often you should receive the treatment based on your individual needs.
- Improved Comfort: After the procedure, many patients report feeling a significant improvement in the comfort of their eyes. They experience less itching, burning, and redness, which can greatly improve their quality of life.
- Reduced Risk of Infections: By removing bacteria and other unwanted material from your eyelids, BlephEx® can reduce your risk of developing eye infections, which can be painful and even dangerous.
Who Can Benefit From BlephEx®?
BlephEx® is an excellent option for anyone who suffers from dry eyes, especially those who experience symptoms during the springtime. Springtime dry eyes are often caused by allergies, and BlephEx® can help to alleviate these symptoms by removing the bacteria and other unwanted material that contribute to dry eyes. The procedure is safe for people of all ages and is particularly effective for those who wear contact lenses.
Advanced Dry Eye Treatment At My Optometrist
Springtime dry eyes can be a frustrating and painful condition, but with the help of BlephEx®, you can find relief. The non-invasive and painless procedure removes bacteria and other unwanted material from your eyelids, allowing your tear ducts to produce more tears and lubricate your eyes. With this innovative treatment, you can enjoy the beautiful spring weather without the discomfort of dry eyes.
If you suffer from blepharitis, dry eyes, or both, BlephEx® treatment can help. This fast and painless optometrist-administered treatment can help to relieve your blepharitis and dry eye symptoms. BlephEx® treatment offered at the My Optometrist Advanced Dry Eye Clinic can help treat moderate to severe dry eyes and blepharitis. While BlephEx® is not a cure for either of these conditions, it can significantly reduce symptoms so that you can live more comfortably. To reduce your dry eye or blepharitis symptoms, book an appointment with the My Optometry Advanced Dry Eye Clinic. Contact My Optometrist at one of our three locations at Health First in SE Calgary, Sunridge in NE Calgary, or Three Hills, AB. You can also call us or fill out the online contact form.
Q: Is there a cure for Dry Eye Syndrome (DES) or blepharitis?
A: There is no cure for DES or blepharitis, however, the My Optometrist Advanced Dry Eye Clinic offers several ways to address the causes of dry eyes to offer relief from blepharitis and dry eye symptoms.
Q: What should I do if I think I have DES or blepharitis?
A: Book an appointment at the My Optometrist Advanced Dry Eye Clinic at any of our Calgary or Three Hills locations. Our knowledgeable team will help you figure out your diagnosis and what steps to take next.
Q: Are there any other treatments available for dry eyes and blepharitis?
A: Other than BlephEx®, IPL is used to treat both dry eyes and blepharitis at the My Optometrist Advanced Dry Eye Clinic.